Data security is paramount
- Data breaches are more frequent and expensive.
- Data regulations are flourishing everywhere: GDPR in Europe, CCPA in the US, HIPAA for health data, PCI-DSS for cardholder data, and many more.
- Data security has become a competitive advantage to gain the trust of customers and speed up sales cycles.
Average cost of a data breach (2021)
Increase of data breaches between 2020 and 2021
Average time to identify a security breach (2021)
Engineering organizations are complex and swift
- Engineering and product teams grow fast in technology-driven organizations.
- Development teams ship software continuously and faster than ever.
- Software architecture is more fragmented with the increasing use of micro services and third-party services.
Data security is inconsistent
Security teams struggle to keep up with the pace of product and engineering changes. It is painful to identify sensitive data flows, audit data security controls, and implement data security policies consistently without becoming a bottleneck to development teams.
As a result, insecure applications are shipped and the organization is exposed to risks of data breaches and revenue loss.
Build your data-centric security program, from your source code to production.
Bearer helps you proactively detect data security issues from development to production to reduce risks of data breaches.
Bearer reduces operational costs by automating manual tasks such as data mapping and eliminating the need to retrofit data security controls post development.
Bearer allows security teams to become a supporting organization, not a bottleneck to developers, offering expertise and tooling to increase their autonomy.